FORCED DEPORTATIONS ALERT 31.5. to Baghdad on Turkish Airlines

HELP ME!
"I have now been in Metsälä detention center for two months. I can't sleep and can't eat because I'm scared that the police will come and deport me.

Back in Iraq I have nowhere to go because my father has turned against me and called the militia. I'm scared they will kill me at the Baghdad airport. 

I cannot go to my home town Nasiriyah, I cannot stay in Baghdad. Yesterday there was another explosion and many civilians died.

I wish to stay in Turku, Finland. I have both local and refugee friends there. I love Turku. I would like to marry and have kids and run my own business as a car mechanic. My friend already promised me a job, but now I've been told it's too late. 

I never did anything wrong or criminal. I just want to live in peace. Help me!”

Ali has been informed by the immigration police that he will be deported on 31 May 2017, but since the police don’t treat the deportees as human beings but rather view them as numbers, the deportees are not always informed even when major changes occur. Ali’s fear of being deported will continue till the very last last minute, until he is forcibly removed from the Metsälä detention center and placed in a police car.

If you fly @TurkishAirlines to Istanbul, make sure that it is not a flight deporting people to persecution and death. Let your flight attendant know that you are not okay with the forced deportation of an asylum seeker on the flight. You can also tweet the airline and ask why Turkish Airlines assists in human rights violations.

The asylum seekers' Right To Live demonstration continues on Helsinki Railway Square; today is day #110. #wewillcontinue


#stopdeportations #righttolive #SaveAli

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Kirje Kabulista [Urgent appeal from a deported family in Kabul Afghanistan]

[TIEDOTE 14.11.2017] POLIISI PAKKOPALAUTTI RASKAANA OLEVAN - LÄÄKÄRI EI SUOSITTANUT

SUOMI AIKOO PALAUTTAA PERHEEN IRAKIIN – MUKANA SEITSEMÄN ALAIKÄISTÄ LASTA